He is played by Leon Thomas III.
Personality and SkillsEdit
André is the guy everybody likes. He is good looking, friendly and charming. He is always ready to give advice or ideas in a tough situation. For example, in Jade Dumps Beck, he told Robbie how to review Trina's play. He also suggested that Tori makes a song as a present for Trina's birthweek in The Birthweek Song. He's always the shoulder to lean on, especially for Tori. He is incredibly patient, exemplified by how he deals with his grandmother when she's freaking out. However, he does seem to have trouble controlling his emotions, as seen in Jade Gets Crushed, A Christmas Tori and André's Horrible Girl.
André is a skilled musician and can play many instruments, although he prefers the keyboard. His locker door is a keyboard and he can play it very well. He is also a very talented songwriter, having written almost every song Tori and the cast have sung (Make It Shine, You're the Reason, Finally Falling, Tell Me that You Love Me, Favorite Food, Song2You,Beggin' on Your Knees, 365 Days, It's Not Christmas Without You), and Countdown. He can also dance a little bit, as seen in Locked Up. It's been implied that André is well-built and strong, and Robbie has said that he is very firm. It is shown in "Wi-Fi in the Sky" that he comes up with (not so funny) jokes that sometimes make people laugh in the process. It is also revealed in "The Great Ping Pong Scam" that André can sing, when he duets Tell Me that You Love Me with Tori, as well as in "The Diddly-Bops" when he co-sings Song2You, during Prom Wrecker, where he sings back up vocals on Best Friend's Brother, in Locked Up, where he has a small solo in I Want You Back, in Jade Gets Crushed, where he sings lead vocals in 365 Days and on André's Horrible Girl, where he sings main vocals on Countdown. He is a fairly decent actor, as not only has he taken part in numerous drive by acting exercises but also has played the lead in two plays (in the episodes Rex Dies andTori Gets Stuck), had a minor role in the play Tori directed in Who Did It to Trina?, sang a line in It's Not Christmas Without You and did the entire musical score for Uptown, Downtown in Tori the Zombie. In The Diddly-Bops André gets a record deal.
Andre seems to appear very attractive to the opposite sex, yet seems to be quite unlucky in love. This is showcased in Prom Wrecker, where his new girlfriend Sherry is constantly and excessively kissing him because his lips are too intoxicating for her to want to do anything else, including getting to know him on an emotional level (he later broke up with her because of that). He has mentioned in his Slap video profile "I like girls...a lot". Evidence of this can be seen in The Bird Scene, where he takes a ballet class in order to meet women and whilst performing with Robbie gives the only female student flirtatious nods, Jade Dumps Beck, where he mentions how hot Alyssa Vaughn is numerous times, Beck's Big Break, where he tries to impress a girl by telling them he's in the movie, Freak the Freak Out, where he responds to Tara Ganz's advances by saying "alright" and smiling, Who Did It to Trina?, such as when he answers a phone call from the "exotic Polynesian girl" named Keeko that he was really excited to have a date with and he uses a suave/sexy tone of voice to reassure he that he is on his way, showing his "skills" as a ladies' man, and in Terror on Cupcake Street when he's agrees that he'd like to see a "Ladies of Northridge Float" at the parade. Oddly enough, he was the last of the characters to receive an onscreen kiss. On TheSlap, he mentioned being mildly stalked by a random female who was convinced that they were in a relationship, showing that many girls find him handsome and boyfriend-worthy. He also posted that he was going to spend part of Thanksgiving at his "new girlfriend's" house. However, his status a month later read: "Thought things were going great with this new girl til she texted me and called me Arnold. Dating fail! Mood: Annoyed." His most recent love interest was Hope Quincy, a bossy and controlling daughter of a music mogul André wanted to impress. André broke up with her because she made him nervous, but stayed with her longer than he should have because he wanted to sing for her father. This dishonesty caused him inner moral conflict.
Relationship with Other CharactersEdit
Tori Vega *(Crush)*Edit
Tori and André became best friends when he and Trina were partnered up for the talent show, and Tori watched them rehearse. He was the one who suggested that Tori take Trina's place after she had an allergic reaction to the Chinese Herb Gurgle. He also convinced Tori to accept her invitation to Hollywood Arts. He was the first to point out that Tori was special and belonged at Hollywood Arts. He is Tori's biggest supporter and is always reassuring her in tough situations.
- André appears to be the most sensible character on the show.
- André has never been stung by a bee, as said in Beck's Big Break.
- However, he updated his TheSlap status, saying that he used to never get stung by bees, and now they won't leave him alone since he used honey-scented body wash.
- André's locker has a keyboard built into it, and as demonstrated in IParty with Victorious, the combination to it is the opening three notes to Make It Shine.
- André can play many instruments, including the piano/keyboard, the french horn, the guitar (all seen at one point or another during the show) and the drums (as mentioned on TheSlap). However, he claims he will never learn to play the trumpet because of the spit valve, and that he just cannot manage to play the sitar. As seen in Freak the Freak Out and The Diddly-Bops, he is also a talented singer, and in Tori Gets Stuck, it is seen that he can also beat box.
- André hates Brussels sprouts (as mentioned in his Slap profile and in The Wood).
- André likes trees, but not as much as he likes bushes (also mentioned in his Slap profile).
- André, along with Tori, Robbie, and Jade, has been featured in every episode of the series so far.
- He likes having his tummy tickled, as mentioned in The Wood.
- Prom Wrecker is the first episode in which André gets kissed on the show, making him the last of the characters to receive an onscreen kiss.
- In Prom Wrecker, Sherry was André's first girlfriend.Added byAwesomefreak
- André has a 97-year-old great-grandfather.
- André says that his favourite food used to be spicy tuna, but is now buffalo nuggets. He also likes tater pops and they make him happy.
- André has 2 uncles; one who works as a realtor and another who Tori says is creepy.
- According to one of Andre's updates, he is allergic to dust mites.
- André gets nervous in front of big audiences.
- André was the last main character to have his name featured in an episode title (André's Horrible Girl).
- André has stated that he cannot keep his feelings/emotions locked up inside and that he must express them in some way or else he will go crazy (A.K.A Wonky in the head) This could be why he is so fond of music and why he is so talented at composing/singing.
- André mentioned in Jade Gets Crushed that he promised his grandmother that he would never be a bad person....Before she went crazy.
- André appears to have a collection of watches, as he never wears just one watch. He alternates every episode wearing a different watch.
- He has a pet dog, according to Jade Gets Crushed .
- He stated in Jade Gets Crushed that he hates nuts.
- André posted on the Slap that he is bad at playing tennis, ping-pong, squash and badminton.
- According to a Slap post, he was traumatized for years after being mocked by monkeys at the zoo.
- It is difficult for him to fake cry, as seen in Rex Dies.
- His neighbour is a fortune teller, according to TheSlap.
- He is taking Trigonometry, according to TheSlap.
- He loves miso soup, according to André's Horrible Girl.
- According to Tori and Jade's Playdate, André has a driver's license.
- His parents have never been shown on the show only his grandma.
- Andre seems the Only Main Character to not have kissed anyone yet from the Main Cast. (He has Kissed Tori on the cheek though.)
- His Neighbour is a old one legged man, Which throws lemons at him.